· July 24th is National Tequila Day.
· Tequila was used as a flu remedy during Mexico’s flu epidemic of 1918.
· You’re supposed to sip good tequila slowly, not down it in a shot.
· The best tequilas are made from 100% agave.
· Tequila labeled “Gold” is your indicator (i.e. red flag) that it is a mixto tequila, unaged silver tequila that has been colored and flavored with caramel to give the appearance of aged tequila.
· The worm in tequila bottles is just a marketing gimmick. It has nothing to do with quality. Basically, it’s like the prize in a box of Cracker Jacks.
· The 1958 song, “Tequila” was the first, and only, #1 hit for a band called The Champs.