A woman in Alabama is suing McDonald’s after her coffee was served to her containing a cleaning agent.
Sherry Head is said to have damage to her throat and organs and will require extensive medical care and surgery.
Sherry proclaims that no one at McDonald’s tried to help her, and she was shut down by management when she tried to find out what she had been given. The restaurant even refused to speak with paramedics about what Head could’ve ingested.
The $13 million total compensation sought by Head's attorneys consists of $3 million in compensatory damages and $10 million in punitive damages.