There are ceremonies all over the Bay Area today (and obviously the nation) honoring and remembering all those affected by 9/11.
A ceremony remembering the terrorist attacks of 9/11 will be held Tuesday at the 9/11 Memorial Garden in downtown Napa which features actual steel from the Twin Towers. For more information, click here.
All San Francisco Fire stations will be holding ceremonies this morning, marking the 17th year since the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
1. 0645 Hours PST - Apparatus roll out of bays, flanking the driveways on both sides.
2. 0658 Hours PST - Fire Department personnel assemble at attention in front of individual Station flag pole (or central location in front of station).
3. 0659 Hours PST - Time of South Tower Collapse - Apparatus bell rings 3-3-3- (3 sets of 3 chimes each). This signifies "The Last Alarm".
4. 0700 Hours PST - Lower Station flag to half-staff, observe one minute of silence.
5. 0702 Hours PST - Recognition Service - Read names aloud of each of the 343 Firefighters from FDNY.
6. Flags will remain at half-staff for the remainder of the day.
MPD & ConFire Station 14, will lead a flag raising ceremony on 9/11 at 8am to honor everyone who died on Sept 11, 2001. It will be held at the 9-11 memorial site at the Amtrak station, which consists of steel girders removed from the World Trade Center.
Below are a few other things going on that you may want to know about.
Jack and Carolyn talked about it on the air. Listen here: