BART will be a great option for you this New Years Eve if you're planning on celebrating!
BART announced it will operate until about 3 a.m. on Jan. 1.
The special schedule starts at 8 p.m., with certain trains going in and out of San Francisco skipping certain stops to minimize platform crowding:
- ANTIOCH and RICHMOND line trains heading into SF will NOT stop at Embarcadero; exit at Montgomery St. for the fireworks show
- DUBLIN/PLEASANTON AND SO. FREMONT/WARM SPRINGS line trains will NOT stop at Montgomery St.; exit at Embarcadero for fireworks show
- Trains from MILLBRAE, DALY CITY, and SFO will stop at ALL stations in SF
After the fireworks show:
- ANTIOCH and RICHMOND line trains will NOT stop at Embarcadero; Use MONTGOMERY ST. to catch these trains
- DUBLIN/PLEASANTON and SO. FREMONT/WARM SPRINGS line trains will NOT stop at MONTGOMERY ST.; Use EMBARCADERO station to catch these trains
- DUBLIN/PLEASANTON and SO. FREMONT/WARM SPRINGS line trains will NOT stop at WEST OAKLAND; the first East Bay stop will be LAKE MERRITT (you will need to change to a SF-bound train at Lake Merritt if you need to return to West Oakland)
BART is not offering free rides on NYE.
After operating until 3 a.m., BART will resume service at 8 a.m. on Jan. 1, operating on a Holiday/Sunday schedule.
Jack and Carolyn talked about it on the air! Listen here: