This Warning Will Make You Think Twice About Letting Your Kids Eat Popcorn!

You may want to think twice about letting little kids eat popcorn.

Nicole Johnson Goddard, a mother of three shared her story on Facebook after her son, Nash, choked on some popcorn during movie night. He seemed fine, but the next day things got worse.

"He had a fever, so I gave him Motrin and put him to bed," she wrote. "A very long night with him and then his breathing looked a little labored to me and he just didn't feel good. I called my pediatrician immediately."

Doctors performed an X-ray and a bronchoscopy and found that Nash had sucked popcorn into his lungs during his choking attack. His body thought the popcorn was foreign and began to develop pus pockets which caused pneumonia.

Nash had to undergo two surgeries in order to remove the popcorn, but he recovered nicely. Now Goddard is sharing the warning she got from doctors, which is that popcorn shouldn’t be given to children under five and when it comes to your kids "Always trust your gut because it's right!"

Photo: Getty Images

 
 
The Morning Breeze

The Morning Breeze

The Morning Breeze on 98.1 The Breeze in San Francisco Read more

title

Content Goes Here