What You Should Know Before You Give Your Child Popcorn!

A mother who's two-year-old child choked and then days later aspirated on popcorn stuck in his lungs is warning parents about the dangers of feeding young children the popular snack.

After the child's choking incident, he began to have a rough cough and then days later had a fever of 103 degrees. The mother casually mentioned to her doctor that her son choked on popcorn, leaving surgeons to find six pieces of popcorn stuck in the boy's lungs along with pus pockets created by the snack.

Experts told Today that foods like popcorn, peanuts, grapes, edamame and hot dogs shouldn't be given to children under four since they're still learning to eat solid foods.

Photo: Getty Images

 
The Morning Breeze

The Morning Breeze

The Morning Breeze on 98.1 The Breeze in San Francisco Read more

title

Content Goes Here