Following closures due to the coronavirus pandemic, some Bay Area malls have reopened, but as you can imagine, there will be some adjustments:
The Westfield Mall in San Francisco has reopened and is requiring the following safety measures:
- Employees, shoppers with a fever or cold and flu-like symptoms must stay home
- Employees, customers must wear face covering
- Sanitizer stations installed in common areas (Those areas will also be regularly disinfected)
- Signs reminding shoppers to social distance and showing CDC recommendations posted throughout the center
Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara is open with new modified hours.
- Monday through Saturday: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Masks will also be required at all times and they will be increasing cleaning on all high traffic areas.
They will also be monitoring and controlling the number of guests entering the mall.
The Sunvalley Mall in Concord reopened last Thursday however not all stores decided to open in the mall. For example, Macy's is offering curbside service only. Shoppers are encouraged to call a store to see if it is open before visiting.
Valley Fair Mall in San Jose opened on Monday as well!
Jack Kulp and Carolyn McArdle talked about it on the air! Listen below...