'Desperately Seeking Susan' team worried Madonna would be one-hit wonder
- Some behind-the-scenes info from the producers of Desperately Seeking Susan has come to light.
- The film, which featured Madonna in the title role and marked her first major on-screen appearance, came out in March 1985. Filming finished the previous November, right as “Like a Virgin” was released.
- According to producer, Sarah Pillsbury, the film was originally supposed to hit theaters in October of 1985 but was pushed up to March.
- "They were concerned about capitalizing on Madonna, [and] one of the reasons they were happy with the earlier date for us is because they were afraid that Madonna would fade, that her star would fade before [the original October date]," she said.
- If you’ve seen the movie, what are your thoughts about it, and Madonna’s performance?