The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has expanded an initial recall of dog food brands that may contain too much vitamin D, making your pet sick.
The expanded list of dry dog food products now includes:
- Nutrisca: Chicken and Chickpea Dry Dog Food
- Natural Life Pet Products: Chicken & Potato Dry Dog Food
- ANF, Inc.: ANF Lamb and Rice Dry Dog Food
- Lidi (Orlando brand): Orlando Grain Free Chicken & Chickpea Superfood Recipe Dog Food
- Kroger: Abound Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dog Food
- ELM Pet Foods, Inc.: ELM Chicken and Chickpea Recipe
- Ahold Delhaize: Nature's Promise Chicken & Brown Rice Dog Food, Nature's Place Real Country Chicken and Brown Rice Dog Food
The recall was first issued by Sunshine Mills, Inc., which produces brands Evolve Puppy, Sportsman's Pride Large Breed Puppy and Triumph Chicken and Rice Dog Food.
Dogs that eat too much vitamin D may experience kidney failure. Symptoms include vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst, increased urination, excessive drooling, and weight loss.
Check out the Morning Breeze podcast with Jack and Carolyn! Listen here: