California Governor Gavin Newsom announced yesterday that the start of COVID-19 took place in California in a nail salon. He said: "I just want to remind you, remind everybody of that. I'm very worried about that."
Now as we get closer to re-opening the state, phase-by-phase, nail salons are revealing what they will look like in their new world.
- Appointments will now be required.
- Customers will also have to wait in their cars, instead of the usual waiting room.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering.
- You will have to sanitize your hands.
- Facial masks will be required. Nail techs have also bought protective shields.
Post-COVID, that routine mani-pedi will be anything but.