The Morning Breeze

The Morning Breeze

The Morning Breeze on 98.1 The Breeze in San FranciscoFull Bio


A Real Thing, Or A Freak Accident?

steering wheel,water bottle

Photo: Getty Images

Can a bottle of water be a fire hazard?

Dioni Amuchasti is a technician with Idaho power. He was eating his lunch one afternoon when he saw smoke coming from the cab of his pickup truck. 

He rushed over to see what was going on. Apparently he left a full bottle of water on the front seat of his truck, and the bottle magnified the sunlight, and the seat of his truck began to smolder.

Since then fire departments across the country were able to recreate what seemed to be a freak accident.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

98.1 The Breeze Podcasts

See All