Everyone wishes they knew the true secret to happiness and now a new survey suggests it’s pretty simple – just showing gratitude.
A new survey finds:
- 65% of folks who describe themselves as “very happy” on a daily basis are more likely to say they “always” show gratitude.
- A third of people say they “always” express their gratitude.
- 62% of those people describe themselves as “very satisfied” with their lives.
- Most people say they express gratitude to others about six times a month.
- They also say they get the same amount back from others.
- When it comes to expressing thanks, 64% of people say there is a “right way” and a “wrong way” to do it.
- The most common non-verbal way of responding to a kind gesture is smiling (44%).
- The most common verbal way is simply saying “you’re welcome” (51%).
- 25% say they tend to reply “it’s nothing,” although 32% consider it “rude.”
- And believe it or not, 12% actually reply with nothing at all.
- And for the most you really should be doing something, with 69% of people saying it’s rude to not thank someone if they do something kind to you.
What are YOU grateful for? 877-981-0981.
Carolyn McArdle talked about it on the air. Listen below...