Saving money always feel good.
Unlike spending more money than you should... which is the worst!
Travel experts have put together a list of hacks to get the best deals when renting a car:
- Leverage credit card perks, cash-back options and more to cut down on rental car costs.
- Rent away from the airport to find better deals.
- Earn cash back by booking through cash-back portals.
- Leverage credit card perks for free collision damage waiver insurance, free upgraded status, travel credits, exclusive discounts and bonus rewards.
- Book through warehouse clubs for exclusive savings.
- Skip add-ons like car seats, GPS systems and satellite radio.
- Don't use the toll pass without paying.
- Read the fine print and take time to consider add-ons.
- Bundle rentals with a hotel or flight booking.
- Compare rates and vehicles, including small local rental companies.
- Book in advance to get ahead of price hikes.
- Do not prepay for fuel.
- Ask for free upgrades.
- Reconsider renting at all and opt for public transit, bicycles or walking.
Don't miss a thing from the Morning Breeze with Carolyn & Cort! Listen here: