Modern life is full of common mishaps such as mistakenly sending a text to the wrong person or confusing a stranger for an acquaintance. These mistakes often only become clear after we make the embarrassing error. In a survey of 2,000 adults, researchers found that other frequent blunders include laundry mishaps that resulted in shrunken clothes, forgetting a meal on the stove, and people attempting to unlock a car that didn’t belong to them.
The study, conducted by OnePoll, also found that the average adult encounters 84 mishaps a year, amounting to more than one embarrassing error per week. Additionally, 31 percent confessed to repeating the same mistake more than once.
Here are the Top 10 Mishaps People Endure in Modern Society:
- Sent a text to the wrong person
- Mistook a stranger for someone you knew and greeted them
- Got on the wrong train or bus
- Washed clothes and accidentally shrunk them
- Washed clothes and accidentally turned them a different color
- Forgot about a meal that you were cooking and it spoiled
- Prepped a meal for work but forgot to take it in
- Put a laundry load on for a wash and forgot to add detergent
- Had your phone go off in a place it should have been on silent
- Tried to unlock your car before realizing it was someone else’s vehicle
Don't miss anything from The Morning Breeze with Carolyn McArdle and Cort Johnson. Listen below: